Showing posts with label taguig. Show all posts
Showing posts with label taguig. Show all posts

Saturday, June 12, 2010

News update MMDA pushes disaster operation plans at LGU level

The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) has urged the local government units (LGUs) of the 16 cities and one town under its jurisdiction to draw up disaster plans in anticipation of heavy rains later this year.

MMDA General Manager Roberto Nacianceno said that disaster maps will allow the LGUs to identify possible disaster-prone areas as well as evacuation routes and areas.

"The next time something happens, automatic na ma-identify at hindi maghahanap lang. More important ang training ng tao (The next time disaster strikes, we can already identify evacuation routes and sites. Training is more important)," Nacianceno said in an interview on dzBB radio.

He said the disaster risk maps will include contingency plans for calamities such as floods, fires and earthquakes.

Nacianceno also said that the maps will also allow the LGUs to bolster the communities as the first level of disaster response.

"Sa laki ng nasasakop at sa laki ng disaster situation, hindi gobyerno ang first level of response. Ang first level of response ay sa community mismo (During wide-scale disaster situations, the government can't provide the first level of response. The first level of response will have come from the communities themselves)," he said.

Metropolitan Manila has a total land area of approximately 636 square kilometers. It is composed of the cities of Manila, Quezon City, Pasay, Caloocan, Malabon, Mandaluyong, Marikina, Parañaque, Valenzuela, Makati, Pasig, Muntinlupa, Taguig, San Juan, Navotas and Las Piñas, and the town of Pateros

Emergency operation plan: Guidance manualFAA emergency operations plan (SuDoc TD 4.8/2:1900.1 E)Can Federal Agencies Function in the 

Wake of a Disaster?: A Status Report on Federal Agencies' Continuity of Operations Plans: Hearing Before the Comm

End Times Shocker... Killer Meteor Heads for U.S.: What Must You Do Now to Help Save Millions of Lives / 10 Miracle Foods to Make You Look 10 Years Younger! / Govt. & Church Leaders' Plans and Special Prayers to 
Avoid Disaster (Sun, February 28, 2005)

Disaster Recovery Handbook- Step-by-Step Plan to Ensure Business Continuity and Protect Vital Operations Facilities and Assets

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

News Update 3 Chinese yield P45 million worth of shabu

MANILA, Philippines - Police arrested three Chinese and confiscated from them seven and a half kilos of shabu with an estimated street value of P45 million during a buy-bust operation Sunday in Parañaque City.

Metro police chief Director Roberto Rosales said they are now investigating reports that the suspects are among the distributors of the finished products of the raided shabu laboratories in Cainta, Rizal and Taguig City.

Rosales said he was encouraged by the cooperation of several concerned citizens in the campaign waged by the National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) in the war against illegal drugs. “The concerned citizens are providing us information in busting recently the shabu laboratory in Taguig City and now the arrest of these three notorious drug dealers,” said Rosales.

Deputy Director General Eduardo Acuña, head of the Anti-Illegal Drugs Special Operations Task Force (AIDSOTF), joined Rosales in presenting before the media the suspects, William Chua, alias Sunxiao Xu, 25; Andy Hong, alias Wenxian Hong, 32; and Kim Sy, alias Xiuqin Shi, 29, all residents of 148 Peru St., Better Living Subdivision in Parañaque City.

Biggest haul

“This is the biggest buy-bust operaion so far in the history of AIDSOTF,” said Acuña, as he promised to work for the promotion of all policemen involved in the successful anti-drug operation. Rosales said the name of Chua surfaced during tactical interrogation of William Altejeros alias Charlie Sy Lim, 40, and Guofu Fu, 30, who were arrested during the raid at a P10 billion shabu laboratory in Taguig City last month.

Superintendent Leo Francisco, head of the NCRPO’s regional police intelligence and operation unit coordinated with the Land Transportation Office after Altejeros and Fu revealed the vehicle used by Chua in his drug dealing operation- a Toyota Altis (XLF 292).

He said he conducted a test-buy operation on Chua and the crime laboratory confirmed that the shabu samples were of high-grade quality.

Using an informant and after coordinating with AIDSOTF and the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA), Francisco arranged a deal for the purchase of 7.5 kilos of shabu for P30 million.

Chua, Hong and Sy were arrested at a convenience store located along Doña Soledad St., Better Living Subdivision after handing over the shabu to a poseur-buyer in exchange for a bag of “boodle” money. - By Non Alquitran