Monday, October 5, 2009

Durian In Philippine !


Wow, don't believed it did not cross my path that I could buy durian in Philippine, back home in Singapore and Malaysia maybe know as King of all fruit, Alas, not here in Philippine not much of favorite here. The fruit seller told me is from Davao region has been known as the durian capital of the Philippines. The region has, in fact, become synonymous with the durian fruit which many consider to possess such a savory taste that the eater can afford to disregard how it smells. However, I brought this from Fort Bonifacio Global city market and it cost me P200 per box about $S6 per packet.

Data from the Davao,Tagum City agriculture office reveals that the 221 farmer-beneficiaries of Plant-Now Pay-Later program for durian production have a total of 14,190 durian trees in 141 hectares..

No comments: